Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Kitchener, ON - Full-Time
Harled is a small, boutique software development team based in Kitchener, Ontario specializing in Ruby on Rails. Since forming in 2017, we have delivered projects for national defence, Indigenous reconciliation and tooling for high-performance teams. We believe in the missions of our partners, and are proud of the work that we do to support them.
Are you passionate about technology, working in a small team and working closely to deliver a world-class product? How about partnering with some of the coolest and most unique clients in Canada? If yes, then we're excited to meet you and hear about your approach to software development, mentoring and keeping code fun.
We're looking for a proven developer to join the team and help take our projects to the next level. We use, and love, Ruby on Rails and believe in doing things the "Rails way". We also take great pride in delivering a developer experience that is second to none.
In your role you will be a key contributor to delivering on our technology strategy and have an important role to play in how we develop software. You will provide mentorship to junior developers and be happy to spend time learning from the senior members on the team.
- An opportunity to work with the coolest partner - our clients
- Huge opportunity to drive meaningful and immediate change
- A small, tight-knit company with a great culture
- An understanding environment that embraces personal and professional growth
- Sweet office space at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, ON
Remuneration & benefits:
- $80k-95k based on experience
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Health Spending Account (full-time employees)
- This role is eligible for up to 10% performance bonus
- Develop features across the entire software stack using Ruby on Rails
- Drive code quality through code reviews, pair programming, architecture and coding practices
- Evaluate and implement changes to improve our development workflow
- Support a strategy to keep tech debt at bay (and pay back some existing debt)
- Mentor junior developers
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related program
- 1+ years of experience as a full stack developer working in a DevOps environment
- Working knowledge of cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and container technology
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and familiarity with Django, Laravel, Symfony or similar full stack frameworks
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Team player that loves to win
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive culture of speed and quality
- Ability to thrive in small community environment
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Ability to multi-task with proven time management skills
- Upbeat can-do attitude with a high sense of urgency and desire to make things happen
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Possess professional and solid work ethic
- Ability to meet assigned key performance indicators (KPI) in the timeline expected
Our dream candidate also has:
- You have experience with the Department of National Defence
- You have experience working in a startup
Hours of work:
- You are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a bulk of the time during core working hours of 9am to 5pm EST, Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of the role, additional hours and hours outside of core working hours may be required and will be discussed on an as-required basis.
- On Call - Pager assignments shall mean a specific period of time in which an employee is required to be near their computer with an internet connection to respond in a timely manner to a specific service need.
We're excited to meet you and to start the conversation to evaluate if we're a fit to do great things together!
Please Note: We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Harled Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law.